It’s a Melting Pot Pie All (or Nothing) American Chili Cook-Off Recipe Contest!
Yeah! What the title said.
After extending the deadline SEVERAL times, we’ve got FOUR submissions for the Chili Cook-Off Recipe Contest, and I can’t wait to try the top THREE.
But first, YOU have to pick them for us. (Okay, I think I can stop with the caps lock…)
Below are the links to the four entries. Take a look, then vote using the poll at the bottom of this page. You can vote for up to 3 recipes (your top 3), but you can only cast your votes once, so you’re going to have to enlist the help of your friends, families, and probably even strangers. Share the link to your recipe or this voting page on Facebook, Twitter, your own blog, e-mail, and any other way you can think of. We will also factor in comments.
Without any further ado, here are the entries:
Once you’ve checked them out, vote below:
Just as a reminder, here are the specifics…
1. (As I said above) Recipes will be selected by the blogging community at large. Anyone who comes to my blog can vote.
2. Todd and I will select the prizes based on our experience making and tasting the recipe, as well as the feedback/comments submitted in response to the respective blog posts.
3. No trash-talking the other contestants. (Okay, maybe a little trash-talking, but it won’t get you ahead.)
1. Promote your recipe to get votes. Use Facebook, Twitter, E-mail, Billboards, Carrier Pigeons… whatever you have to do.
2. Only one vote (of up to 3 recipes) per person. (This is not Honor System. I have my ways.)
3. Voting Period: Friday, November 30th – Friday, December 7th.
4. When the top 3 are selected, Todd and I will try each recipe and blog about them. Make sure you (and everyone you knows) comments on the post about your recipe, because we will take that into consideration when we determine the winner.
Top 3 Recipes selected by the voters will be tested in our kitchen. Winners will be announced at 10:00 pm (Central Time) on New Year’s Eve!
3rd Place: A (Digital) Signed Photograph of Whitney & Todd with your Chili. That’s gotta be worth at least $80 on Ebay. $450 on Etsy.
2nd Place: Be a Guest Blogger for Melting Pot Pie! If your chili recipe’s this good, I’m sure you’ve got at least one other recipe you can share.
Grand Prize: The Title of “It’s a Melting Pot Pie All (or Nothing) American Chili Cook-Off” Recipe Contest Champion AND Be a Guest Blogger for Melting Pot Pie AND Gordon Ramsay’s “In the Heat of the Kitchen.” This cookbook will challenge you to try new things and step far outside of your comfort zone with classic and modern takes on French, Italian, and other European cuisine. You’re challenging me, so I get to challenge you to keep growing as a chef and as an individual.
Until the next taste,