Linda’s Beer Chili
2 lb chuck, ground
2 lb. lean pork, ground
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium finely chopped onion
8 oz.can tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 can beer (12 oz.)
1 Tablespoon chili powder
2 Tablespoons beef bouillon ( I like the jar kind best)
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
2 Bay leaves
2 teaspoons sugar
dash of Louisiana hot sauce
1 teaspoon cornmeal
1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon warm water
1 large can of pinto beans (optional
1 large can of kidney beans (optional)
1. In a large saucepan brown the ground meat (the beef and the pork)
2. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
3. Add the garlic and onion, cook and stir until tender.
4. Add the tomato sauce, water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, bay leaf, sugar, cocoa, and hot sauce. Mix well. at this point add the beans, if you like chile beans. ( i like beans in mine)
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
7. Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.
8. Eat and enjoy…top with shredded cheese, sour cream and diced onions.
Thanks Linda! Comment below to let us know what you think of this recipe, and remember to vote!